Parution : Matricula de tributos, Codice de Moctezuma : Museo nacional de antropologia, Mexico (cod. 35-52) : vollstandige farbreproduktion des codex in verlkleinertem format
- Berdan, Frances F. (1944-….). Éditeur scientifique
- Durand-Forest, Jacqueline de. Éditeur scientifique
Résumé de l’éditeur
The Matricula has a long list of tributes which stem from the subjected provinces of the Aztecs and is one of the most important sources of information about old Mexico. The content of this codex is shared partially with that of the Codice Mendocino (Codex Mendoza); both together representing the most important source with regards to the territorial and economic conditions of individual subsections of the Empire of the Three-Alliances under the rule of Tenochtitlan. Appearing on every side are regional hieroglyphics from respective regions and in which the tributes paid by the various tributaries of the Aztec empire are featured. The writing and transcription of the names appear in European handwriting.
The arrangement of the leaves in bookform suggest an emergence of the Matricula after the time of conquest, even if some of the authors date it back to pre-conquest periods, as is the case with R. Barlow who set the earliest date. In contrast D. Robertson dates the Matricula according to the latest time period of 1540, when the second part of the Codex Mendoza was written. The scattered notes in Nahuatl and Spanish, naturally could have been only written after the conquest and at which time they were then added to the finished manuscript.
- Editeur : Graz : Akademische Druck-u. Verlagsanstalt
- Date de parution : 1980
- Description matérielle : 44- p. : ill. en coul. ; 35 cm.
- Collection : (Codices selecti ; 68)
- Note : Contient la reproduction en coul., réduite à 7/10è du manuscrit nahuatl et son commentaire en français et en anglais. – Bibliogr. p. 44-45
- ISBN 3-201-01130-4 (rel.)
- PARIS-BnF :
– Tolbiac – Rez-de-jardin – magasin : 2011-265400
– Richelieu – Manuscrits – magasin : FOL-FAC SIM OR-142
- PARIS-Médiathèque MQB
- PARIS-Museum Hist.Naturelle